Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Very Special Boy

One of the major reasons for this US trip was to visit this wonderful adoptive family. This boy, and his sister, have always been very special in my heart among all my previous overseas adoption cases. It has been 5 years ago since they left Hong Kong, and I have nearly forgotten why they have become so special to me. Now that I have seen him and I recalled... it was him who made Philip and I realized that we could love a child who is not blood-related to us so dearly. From that point onwards, we felt that adoption is really a choice for us to build families. As I saw him spending time with my two lovely daughters, my heart felt so warmed. God led him to our lives, changed us and blessed us with two sweet girls in our family. This boy is forever special to us in the family!

I was also happy to see Abby and his younger sister become good friends! They shared so much in common -- coming from Hong Kong, both were adopted. I am looking forward to them keeping in touch and growing up together as good friends. Adoptees really need these fellow buddies who understand each other's feelings to grow up with...